Edshult is a small parish in Småland, Sweden, 15 miles east of the town Eksjö. It lies on a neck of land (Ed) between the two lakes Solgen and Mycklaflon.
On these pages I have transfered some material made by enthusiasts in Edshults samhällsförening, a local community association, into html. For a backgrund to how these pages came about see this introduction.
At this point only a few pages are translated into english. There are some translation avaliable online. I suggest that you try Google translate. You can either cut and paste the text into the translation box, or you can paste the link into the text field and the whole page will get translated. Like this.
1. Edshult in past times I och II (edition 1), Gustav Nilsson and Tore Sandh, 1975. This page has a link to a table of all persons who emigrated from Edshult between 1857 and 1926 (about 530 persons). This could be of interest to everyone who has a heritage in the Edshult area.
2. Edshult in past times III, Gustav Nilsson, 1976. Mr. Nilsson writes about life and traditions when he was a child almost a hundred years ago.
3. Map over Edshult and the larger map of the Södra Vedbo hundred.
4. Backspegeln I, II and III. Stories from and about Edshult written by Tore Sandh.
5. Transcriptions of Edshult, Bellö, Ingatorp and Hult and Hässleby (New!) church records
6. Transcriptions of Mantal records of 1767 for Edshult and surrounding parishes (New!).
7. Excel files with emigration lists from Edshult, Höreda and Mellby parishes.
8. Some farms in Edshult: Sjöarp - my home farm. and Näs - the farm that my great grandfather settled in.
9. Collected links on the internet where Edshult is mentioned.
10. A page describing the changes to this webite.
|Karl-Henrik Rydén||Guest book||Page last updated 2015-02-11|